The role will be sit in the regional office in Hong Kong, work in a small team and report directly to Head of Legal. This position will be supporting the legal work in the regions, ranges from translation, review distribution agreement, funds registration to corporate governance work.
- The role will be a regional position, cover Korea, Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and others. Including review distribution, corporate matters, procurement/suppliers, trading, and other BAU matters.
- Review, draft, negotiate and advise on any type of legal document relating to the business activities, in particular in relation to new product launches.
- Review, draft and negotiation of distribution agreements and supplements, some fund registrations work.
- Work alongside with the internal legal team in other regions on some projects.
- Assess and advice on legal issues relating to the business activities.
- Managing relationships with external lawyers.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by Head of Legal from time to time.
- At least 2 years post legal qualification from a leading international law firm advising the financial services sector.
- An experience acquired from either private practice or in-house with Asset Management/Fund house experience strongly preferred.
- Good drafting and negotiating skills.
- Experience in advising on investment management across a range of jurisdictions.
- Strong, pragmatic business acumen with the ability to provide business solutions