They are expanding their business in China, they are looking for a qualified lawyer to help with the legal matters associated with the China business. This person will be working with a strong legal and compliance team in HK. This person MUST be able to speak FLUENT ENGLISH and MANDARIN. They offer attractive remuneration and excellent career path to the right candidate.
- Provide legal advising on a wide range of legal issues including in particular property and construction law issues, commercial projects, and contentious commercial matters.
- Provide legal support regarding their business operations in Mainland China as well as cross border issues.
- Coordinate and liaise with external counsel and other parties to provide Legal advice to business Units, such as advising on the laws and regulations governing their operations.
- Draft and review commercial agreements and legal documents in Chinese and in English.
- Advise on potential claims related to commercial projects; draft and review demand letters and settlement agreements
- Provide legal support to corporate projects including restructurings and cross border arrangements.
- This person must hold solicitor qualification (preferably obtained in the PRC and/or in HK or commonwealth countries
- A minimum of 10 years POST PQE experience with at least 8 years general commercial experience gained in a reputable law firms in HK, PRC and/or MNCs
- Solid experience in handling PRC-related general commercial matters, litigation/ arbitration experience in China a plus.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese(Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills