FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Draft insurance policy provisions and review relevant marketing materials; work with various departments involved in the product development cycle;
- Provide legal support to all distribution channels (Tied Agency, Bancassurance, Broker and Direct);
- Analyze and advise on the legal impact of new or changes in existing legislation and regulations concerning the businesses and operations of the Company and co-operate with Compliance to install mechanisms to monitor on-going compliance;
- Provide support to the General Counsel with communication to regulators.
- Provide support to the operation team to improve operational efficiency and ensure business is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Assist with complaints handling, including providing advice on written reply to customers and tregulators and identifying operational deficiencies leading to complaints;
- Assist with supervision of panel lawyer and monitor litigation cases;
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects;
- Handle any other legal-related responsibilities and ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Senior Director from time to time.
- Qualified Hong Kong lawyer with 5 years post qualification experience in and from life insurance companies is highly preferred.
- Familiar with Insurance Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance, Companies Ordinance and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua).
- Strong analytical and legal research skills.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.