Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• The structuring and documentation of securities and structured transactions, plus the provision of legal advice directly to the relevant business line;
• Assisting the Senior Legal Counsel in reviewing and negotiating contracts / documents in both English and Chinese languages;
• Providing support to Senior Legal Counsel and handling other assignments designated by Senior Legal Counsel from time to time.
Skills and Abilities
• At least five years of relevant experience, gained from international law firm/ bank; preferably with at least two years of relevant experience in a Hong Kong investment bank (or the HK office of a global investment bank);
• Must have experience in various aspects of brokerage business, including equities trading, prime brokerage, etc.
• Must be familiar with SFO, Companies’ Ordinance, SFC’s licensing regime, ISDA documents, HKEX rules, etc.
• Exposure to fixed income and securities including derivatives / structured products preferred;
• Excellent legal drafting and communication skills;
• High integrity and professional ethics;
• Proficient communication skills and interpersonal skills;
• Willing to work hard;
• A good team player;
• Basic office computer skills.
• A law degree from a reputable law school with a Hong Kong law practice license.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as the comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.