Legal, APAC Litigation, Associate or Assistant Vice President
Who We Are
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . What it means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here .
- The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. The APAC Litigation team is responsible for, among other things:
- Managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- Advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- Advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- Managing dispute resolution
- Interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- Advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- Providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions.
JPMorgan is seeking a Legal Counsel (Associate or Assistant Vice President) to join the Litigation team covering Asia Pacific, based in Hong Kong or China. The successful applicant will have responsibility for:
RequiredExperience and Qualifications:
- Civil litigation, regulatory investigations and internal investigations relating to the bank's activities across the Asia Pacific region
- Assisting in the management of group-wide cross-border investigations
- Working with internal clients across the APAC region and working with, and managing, outside counsel on formulating and executing case strategy
- Providing strategic, commercial, and pragmatic legal advice to the firm
- Maintaining a robust governance and control framework for the management of legal risks
- Court orders
- Applicants should be qualified lawyers with at least 3 years PQE (or equivalent) and with a background in financial services litigation, internal investigations and regulatory matters
- A strong intellect coupled with practical business judgment
- Superior writing skills
- Strong understanding of legal, regulatory and risk management concepts
- Ability to conduct complex investigations
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey complex issues clearly and concisely to business executives
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively on projects with business executives and other lawyers
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of managing outside counsel to achieve cost-effective results
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese
- Mandarin language is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier University and legal qualification from an accredited law school. The Legal Counsel will report to the Head of the APAC Litigation team, based in Hong Kong.
Attorney mustbe licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in thestate/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliancewith the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.
Werecognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bringto our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equalopportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at ourcompany. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute,including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, ordisability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. Inaccordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations forapplicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as anymental health or physical disability needs.