Legal - Employment Lawyer, Executive Director (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm’s businesses.
This role is for a full-time employment lawyer to join Morgan Stanley’s Legal and Compliance Division in Hong Kong. This is an Executive Director role.
The successful candidate will report regionally to the APAC General Counsel and functionally to the global Head of Employment Law and provide employment law advice across the APAC region on contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Providing expert legal support in the handling of personnel matters in APAC (including grievances, disciplinary and performance issues, equal opportunities, diversity, restructuring and redundancy matters) to Human Resources, Employee Relations, Firm management, business divisions, and infrastructure groups
- Advising on the investigation and management of employee-related conduct issues
- Drafting, maintaining and reviewing employment-related documents
- Handling employment-related disputes, including retention and management of external counsel, where required
- Employment law support in respect of acquisitions (including employee integration), outsourcing, offshoring, restructuring and other commercial initiatives
- Monitoring and advising on employment law developments across APAC and their implications for the Firm
- Coordinating/delivering training for Human Resources on employment law issues across APAC