- Based on experience
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 19 Apr 18
Legal - Associate – Counsel – Markets & Regulatory Legal Team
- Hong Kong
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Hong Kong Markets & Regulatory Legal team is seeking a lawyer to support the APAC markets business, with a primary focus on transactional work within the structured products and OTC derivatives business. The role also has a strong regulatory focus, in particular on how regulations affect the Markets business. The lawyer will, with the rest of the Markets Legal team, work closely with the business on supporting day-to-day business transactions (including advising the business on how regulations affect their business), help structure new complex transactions and, from time to time where appropriate, liaise with external legal counsel to assist in these tasks. This role requires the lawyer to be able to proactively spot issues with transactions and structures, provide commercially pragmatic advice to the business and work well both within the Market Legal team and with other departments such as Compliance and Tax in reviewing transactions and structures.
• Corporate equity derivative transactions – providing legal support on complex and bespoke transactions for corporate investors, including margin loans, total return swaps, equity collar transactions and other strategic derivative transactions
• OTC transactions -.drafting and negotiating term sheets and other related documentation for both exotic and flow OTC equity derivative transactions for both institutional and retail investors; working closely with the Business in relation to structuring of new OTC transactions
• To assess and ensure that key regulatory changes arising from current and proposed regulatory agenda of the US, EMEA and APAC having an impact on JPMorgan businesses in APAC are known, tracked, analysed and implemented in a timely manner.
• To work closely with lines of business on various structures and transactions in a regulatory capacity and provide support on execution of such business.
• To advise on the potential impact of regulatory changes in conjunction with global, regional and in-country teams to implement as well as develop strategies to address these changes.
• To assist with trainings and workshops for the front office and other internal stakeholders as well as produce technical updates and alerts.
• To provide legal support to compliance and senior country management in responding to queries from APAC regulators on regulatory reform matters.
• To assist with knowledge management within the APAC Legal Regulatory Group.
• A junior to mid-level lawyer with approximately 2 - 6 years PQE, with experience in documenting, and advising on, structured financial products and OTC derivative products
• Strong commercial focus with a solution-driven approach, and the ability to apply and analyse the implications of regulatory changes to a business environment.
• Outstanding technical legal and communication skills, including the ability to present clear and concise legal advice to the highest standard, and conduct trainings/workshops.
• Solid business partnership skills, with the ability to lead the business and set a clear direction in relation to managing regulatory change.
• Ability to manage competing priorities, project manage and co-ordinate large projects, in a dynamic global environment.
• Ability to apply technical product knowledge and experience to complex and innovative transactions and products