Lead Manager, Regional Operation APAC
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. PRIMARY PURPOSE
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Governance, Routines oversight and execution
- This a new position to support firm's strategic organizational structure and to build out our Regional Operating Model in Asia Pacific region.
- The associate will directly support the Regional Operating Officer, APAC on a variety of tasks and initiatives critical to the success of the region.
- The associate will also work closely with key internal stakeholders; including but not limited to Finance, Global Investment Operations (GIO), Global client Operations, Enterprise Change Office (ECO), Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services (CREWS), Enterprise Risk, Legal & Compliance, Human Resources, and Technology to ensure initiatives are well communicated, prioritized, to support the creation of high-quality business cases and ensuring deadlines are met.
- The position is to ensure our internal operating model directly aligned to business priorities for Asia Pacific.
- Supporting and facilitating the implementation of the full range global policy cross APAC
Business Strategy and Management Support
- Improves existing governance structures and be a central point of escalation for specialist functions
- Takes control of logistics for key leadership meetings, including agenda setting, minute taking and activity tracking
- Reviews, analyses, and proposes improvements to support the operating effectiveness of various functions in APAC
- Participates in global, regional, and functional initiatives related to enhancing governance and creating accountability
- Takes accountability for improving the maturity of business capabilities owned by business management
- Monitors key distribution priorities, surfaces potential issues, designs & executes process improvements
- Acts as the primary contact and escalation point for incidents and issues, and proactively coordinate remediation with responsible functions
- Work closely with senior leaders in the region to define, communicate and achieve regional business objectives
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Conducts research and analysis to support development of regional, market and channel growth strategies
- Prepares presentations for internal and external stakeholders, presents change initiatives to senior leadership / various committees and Board of Directors
- Supports internal communication strategy
- University degree or higher
- Minimum of 8 years Business Management / Management Consultant experience
- Prior Asset Management experience with knowledge of Asset Management products, cross-functional and operation processes
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation, with the ability to facilitate group discussions and debate. Must have a strong awareness of cultural sensitivities across APAC markets
- Strong analytical and strategic acumen, ability to make strategic market assessments, interpret key business drivers and justify a future course of action
- Demonstrated ability to write detailed business plans and present an initiative to decision making bodies
- Self-starter with excellent attention to detail and high levels of personal and professional integrity
- Team player, possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction and build a business from the ground up
- Resilient and flexible with proven ability to manage time and shifting priorities effectively while in a challenging operating environment, and under minimal guidance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word
- Fluency in Mandarin as a second language is preferred
- Previous exposure to APAC and US working cultures, including working across multiple time zones
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.