Our client is a large Blue-Chip Enterprise, with a large complex technology environment. They are seeking a Lead Infrastructure Manager (Architect/Engineer) to design and build an environment that will host the organization's next-generation data platforms (EDW, Data Lake, and AI Platforms). The environment is hybrid Private and Public Cloud (AWS).
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Design the technical infrastructure architecture for the next-gen data analytics platform
- Recommend technical architecture and infrastructure in an efficient and scalable environment
- Define the infrastructure standards, requirements, and configuration of the hardware and system software required based on the agreed architecture
- Define the hardware requirements for high availability and disaster recovery strategy
- Define the instance strategy for the implementation and deployment, and capacity planning
- Prepare infrastructure and technical requirements for the new data analytics platform technology architecture
- Manage vendor to implement system infrastructure (hardware and system software) and IT solution infrastructure based on the agreed infrastructure requirements and standards
- Trouble-shoot the performance of hardware and apply performance tuning skills to resolve a technical problem
- Plan and deliver quality project deliverables within schedule and good quality
Required Skills for the Role:
- Degree holder in IT / Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- At least 15 years work experience within IT Infrastructure functions with at least 10 years in architecture & design roles.
- Strong architecture and design skills in a global enterprise infrastructure environment.
- Possess strong technical expertise and a deep understanding of Networks, Unix, Windows
- Knowledge on setting up different database technology, including NoSQL, MongoDB, Oracle database, and Microsoft SQL database, is preferred
- Demonstrated experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction, and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Experience with deploying and managing public and/or private clouds
- Experience across a wide variety of application hosting technologies including VMs, PaaS cloud services, Kubernetes, Windows, Linux
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- Experience in designing and implementing high-performance computing and network infrastructure for large scale data lake/data warehouse projects would be advantageous
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to email@example.com with “Senior Infrastructure Manager” in the subject line.