One of the World's largest banks, is growing their Cloud strategy, primarily through Public Cloud in order to accelerate their business capabilities, thus looking for a highly experienced Lead Enterprise Cloud Architect to join the business in Hong Kong to define and enhance their Cloud Architecture Practise.
Our client, one of the World's largest banks, is growing their Cloud strategy, primarily through Public Cloud in order to accelerate their business capabilities. They are looking for a highly experienced Lead Enterprise Cloud Architect to join the business in Hong Kong to leverage Public Cloud in a seamless way and enhance the Cloud Architecture Practise, which is fundamental to their success through definition of enterprise architecture, deployment patterns and sharing of best practise.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect will be responsible for:
- Defining & evangelising the Bank's Cloud Strategy
- Establishing a close partnership with the Global Business/Global Function CIOs & their Chief Architects to understand their demand through a Cloud Adoption Strategy & Adoption roadmap
- Defining best practise for Cloud adoption, through the creation of an Enterprise Cloud Pattern Framework, enabling self-service with full automation, improving speed of delivery through standardized and robust set of cloud patterns with minimal manual intervention
- Partnering with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Chief Security Architect to support the definition and evolution of a Cloud Security Strategy and its implementation
- Partnering with the Chief Data Officer (CDO) and Chief Data Architect to support the definition and evolution of a Cloud Data Strategy and its implementation including enabling faster applications deployment through a set of standardized and secured data paths, patterns and tools
- Partnering with IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) Cloud Services team to engineer and design the Cloud common platform services and define a fully integrated Cloud Services catalogue
- Understanding appropriate Regulatory controls for Financial Institutions and the impact of material outsourcing. Provide appropriate support for our Regulatory engagements
- Ensuring appropriate governance exists underpinning Cloud adoption, ensuring that appropriate regulatory, compliance, security and architecture controls are effectively maintained
Have a high level understanding of, and the implications of Cloud adoption for:
- Wealth and Personal Banking (inc Private Banking)
- Markets and Security Service
- Commercial Banking
Able to translate business needs into appropriate IT (and Cloud) solutions.
Have a system engineering background and the ability to compare and contrast different solutions to meet a business requirement. Provide technical thought leadership in evaluation of new technologies to meet business requirements and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - desire to solve complex problems at scale. Provide expert knowledge & expertise in design & engineering of:
- Public IaaS/PaaS Cloud (GCP, AWS and Azure)
- Integration with Public Cloud including SaaS (eg authentication schemes, single sign on systems from an application perspective)
- Private Cloud environments (GCP Anthos, Cloud Foundry aPaaS & VMware IaaS)
- Leveraging best practise through published reference architectures
Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- Docker Containers and Kubernetes Cluster management and orchestration
- Cloud Industry Security Best Practice, aligned to CSA & NIST
- Multi-tenanted virtualized platforms managing mission critical workloads
- Networking principals (TCP/UDP, Routing, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN, SDN)
- Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux & Windows)
- CPU Microarchitectures (Intel, AMD, SPARC) & Server Virtulization (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Service Management (and implications for Enterprises of adoption Cloud computing).
Have excellent documentation and communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate complex IaaS/ PaaS concepts to people new to Cloud Development.
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Deployment & Troubleshooting knowledge of Private and Public Clouds (GCP, AWS, Azure & AliCloud)
- Proficient with configuration & release management tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Distributed Storage (Hadoop & Hbase, EMC SAN - FC, FCoE, iSCSI, SRDF; NetApp NAS - CIFS, NFS)
- Databases (Oracle & MS SQL; VCS & MSCS)
- MarketData, Middleware and Grid (RMDS, MQ, Tibco RV & Datasynapse)
- In Memory Distributed Data Grid (Oracle Coherence)
- Web applications servers (Apache HTTP Server & Tomcat, IIS, Websphere)
- End to end agile architecture across all layers
- Passion for technology & understanding how things work
Additional Key Skills
Candidates will also need to demonstrate:
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
If you possess all the above and you are keen to explore, then please apply immediately by following the link!
Any questions, please feel free to contact Katrina Wang at 3907 3979.