- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Lead Backend Developer - Virtual Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Lead Backend Developer - Virtual BankingReady to take the next step in your career with us?
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Join us in building a virtual bank from scratch using cloud native technologies. We're a small but fast-growing team solving exciting problems and delivering high quality products in small, interdisciplinary teams. We're applying the learnings from Google, Twitter and Netflix to build the next generation of banking.
- Coach, mentor and develop high performing engineers.
- Play a leading role in interviewing, hiring and supporting new engineers.
- Motivate the team with clear, elevating goals.
- Define the technical strategy and architecture.
- Ensure a consistent, high standard approach by performing code reviews, documenting standards and hosting weekly catch-ups.
- Focus on greenfield development and continuous improvement of our existing systems.
- Projects will include building web and mobile APIs, developing microservices to evolve our architecture and build our products.
- We have an emphasis on software quality and writing maintainable code using TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Our technology stack is based predominantly on Kotlin and Java, but our design allows for using the most appropriate language to solve the problem i.e. Go, Scala or Rust.
- We use Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run our services.
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue.
- GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Persistent data storage using Postgres.
- Infrastructure running on Cloud.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in similar leadership role.
- Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
- Fluent with Kotlin, Java or Scala.
- Solid experience in back-end development.
- Graduate Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar.
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.