L&D Specialist ( 12 months contract)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an L&D specialist to join our HR team. This role is primarily focusing on learning and organization development in Asia Pacific and implement effective development solutions across the region to support high performing teams that is in line with global and regional development strategies. You'll need to ensure our L&D solutions are fit for purpose for Asia Pacific and meet the needs of the business change and in enabling a performance development culture. This role will also be responsible to reference external regional markets, identify and implement best practice leadership and development initiatives within Schroders Asia Pacific. Your role
Essential skills and knowledge you would need
- To work with the Regional Manager T&D, APAC business leaders and APAC HR teams to translate group and regional talent strategy into development initiatives to meet regional objectives.
- Facilitate and participate in development of a strong performance culture.
- Provide expertise and support to local HR teams and managers on topics of leadership and learning and development.
- Lay the groundwork such that the local offices can implement in a way that is consistent but maintain room to flex to unique regulatory requirements or business circumstances.
- To provide guidance where required.
- Work with global L&D team to share ideas and best practices and tools, and to ensure consistency of approach where possible.
- Leverage and replicate so that programs and tools are delivered in a cost effective and value maximizing manner.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships to understand organizational dynamics and people needs.
- Provide input on management and employee development to local HR teams and intervene when appropriate.
- Lead and support global and regional HR related projects that support the engagement and development culture for the region.
- Facilitate regional or local events that support team development and foster the high performance culture.
- Source and establish a strong network of vendors and suppliers e.g. external coaches, executive education providers, learning consultants etc.
- Establish standards and processes of vendor management and provide guidance to local offices to ensure consistent and quality standards.
What you'll be like
- Relevant corporate experience, preferably with financial services or in the existing L&D field.
- Proficient in both verbal and written English
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as Excel, Words PowerPoint
- Skilled in using virtual facilitation tools such as Zoom and Webex, teams
- Knows how to run other multi-media tools such as Mentimeter, Kahoot and exposure to media communication will be an added benefit.
- Enjoys coming up with new ideas and resourceful
- Enjoys interacting with people
- Open to 12 months contract role