KYC Existing Client Management Case Lead, Asia Pacific - Banking Operations Hong Kong
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage a client's portfolio and act as the main point of contact for review and remediation.
- Maintain contact database: FO owner and client owner (IC) and liaise with teams in Bangalore in charge of list of requirements.
- Control & challenge list of requirements and rational: liaise with KYC teams if needed.
- Monitor the case end to end and ensure completion.
- Escalate to BL when documents cannot be collected and help solve any client's escalations with the business.
- Where case is approved, follow up until all additional approvals are completed
- Prepare the case for the Client Acceptance Committee where applicable.
- Lead continuous improvement actions like defining strategy sourcing and automation (fintech, robots, vendors, utilities, data providers...)
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in KYC or onboarding in a broker or investment bank environment
- Client facing skills - ability to speak to the clients on regular basis and provide accurate and efficient information
- Ability to explain clearly to the client the requirements for the onboarding process
- Ability to understand the client structure and the structure of a financial transaction
- Understanding of key issues in relation to AML risk, ability to identify relevant sources of information
- Familiarity with local AML/KYC regulatory and compliance issues
- Analytical skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult conversations
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight and changeable timeframes
- Ability to challenge the Business Lines in cases where the onboarding capacity cannot handle the current pipeline, able to identify the high priority cases vs the standard ones
- Ability to build and cultivate good working relationships with Business Lines and Clients
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential requirements
- Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector. Specific knowledge of SG group is an advantage
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML/KYC latest issues and requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken in English. Chinese and Japanese language skills are a plus
- Graduate degree in finance, business administration, economics or computer science
- 3+ years' experience in KYC management in an investment bank
- Experience of working in an international, multi-cultural organization
- CLD teams in APAC, Paris and GSC
- Various support functions such as ITEC, Compliance
- Business lines transversal teams (COO)
- Financial institutions and Corporate clients
- Third Party Vendors
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Primary Objectives:
The Client Lifecycle Intelligence and Digital ('CLD') department is the cross-business client management division of Global Banking and Investor Solutions ('GBIS'). As part of the GBIS COO Service Unit, the GBS Cross Border Client Management Group is globally in charge of the client experience across the GBIS activities. The department is particularly in charge of:
- (KYC) KYC due diligence for both on-boarding and periodic reviews
- (RRD) Management of client reference & regulatory data
- (COO) Project management
The specific role is the KYC Existing Client Management Case Lead, reporting directly to the Head of KYC Existing Client Management Outreach
The Case Lead/Client Outreach Team is the interface between clients and internal key stakeholders. As a dedicated point of contact, the team is responsible for the maintenance of our existing clients by identifying KYC requirements and collecting all required documents. The team is also the main point of contact for KYC related matters for our different business lines in the region. Responsibilities include supporting the business lines, managing their priorities and providing transparency of the process. The team provides advisory services internally and externally and should be well versed in the latest KYC and regulatory requirements and how they are applied within our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000A0D
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/06/2020
Date of publication: 20/05/2020