KDB+ Developer, Equity Systematic Trading Data & Analytics
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The position is for an experienced software developer that exhibits strong technical skills and experience in development of KDB+ analytics platform for Equity Systematic Trading. The successful canddidate will:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including: Mandatory qualifications:
- Be responsible for core development and delivery of KDB+ platform for Equity Systematic Trading. This includes responsibility to develop KDB+ framework for user applications as well as trading backtesting platforms.
- Design, development and enhancement of these platforms; will ensure consistent functional and technical design; will deliver clear, concise technical design documentation and code.
- Develop scalable real-time processing solutions in an agile methodology.
- Partner with stakeholders to capture business requirements and deliver solutions.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of KDB+ technology and Q language. At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Practical experience developing/running large datasets and optimizing query performance
- Practical experience scaling and load-balancing of KDB+ applications
- Practical experience building resilient and high-availability KDB+ applications.
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture and design.
- Understanding and application of modern software development lifecycle practices.
- Practical experience in Python.
- Development leading experience: requirements set up, task decomposition, time and effort estimation, delivery planning, testing, user acceptance testing.
- Experience in quantitative analysis on Equity Trading.
- Release engineering for multi-technology modular applications. Change risk management.