KDB Developer - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as KDB Developer
. Principal responsibilities
- This role is to join the Global FX eTrading MI and Analytics team. Our application is responsible for capturing, storing and analyzing data in excess of 3TB i.e. 5billion records per day from a large number of FX electronic trading venues, as well as internal pricing and trading data.
- KDB is a critical part of the FX eRisk i.e. electronic Risk business and our team is the golden source of MI to quants, sales and trading.
- The platform also provides a range of analytics, facilitates quantitative research and back testing, and serves a number of regulatory reports. We run hundreds of services concurrently in production and perform multiple releases per day.
- The person will be based in the HK and is part of a global team with presence in HK and London. They will be working closely with the Quants in London and HK as well as interacting with the broader booking and execution development teams.
- Develop key parts of the Global FX MI and Analytics platform
- Work closely with quants and electronic tech team in implementing fit for purpose solutions
- Contribute to designing and architecting tick, data access, feeds and scalable analytic solutions
- Implement API based functionality
- Contribute to and expand common components, tools and APIs
- Focus on automation around metrics, builds and testing
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Test Driven, Behavior Driven Development with emphasis on specification based testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrable knowledge of market data, trade data and basic statistical concepts
- Ability to query, analyse and combine vast amounts of data
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- In depth understanding of q language structures and writing performant code
- Familiar with KDB tick architecture
- Ability to adjust to a dynamic environment
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions
- Exposure to all aspects of SDLC, including build automation, deployment and support
- Experience in a second programming language, whether OO or functional is preferable
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.