See job description for details
Morgan Stanley's Automated Risk Trading (ART) team is seeking an experienced KDB developer to help expand our equities trading tick plant infrastructure. This large-scale environment supports our backtesting, simulation, general research and signal generation infrastructure, and is an essential part of our expanding universe of e-trading systems.
This role works closely with strats, trading, other IT teams and colleagues in NY, EMEA and Asia to design, develop, deploy and support our timeseries databases. Candidates will be assessed on their depth of database architecture and KDB/Q knowledge and, where applicable, equities product & markets knowledge.
As part of the role the KDB Developer, Vice President will be involved in:
- Spearheading Asia Pacific development in collaboration with the international team members, sharing ideas and furthering existing system
- Working closely with a local team to help upskill talent and act as the regions KDB subject matter expert
- Oversee system development to ensure timely delivery and manage time reassessments when ever necessary.
- Explore new ideas and encourage the team(s) to try fresh concepts. Qualifications:
Key Skills include:
- Graduate in Computer Science or other related studies.
- 3+ years recent experience developing in KDB, specifically in the 3.x production environment
- Strong Q development skills
- Experience building & maintaining large-scale KDB ticker plants
- Strong business communication skills
- Knowledge in Equites Products, including derivatives is highly desirable
Other Desirable Skills include:
- R / python
- Front office / trading IT experience
- Systematic trading experience
- Experience developing data visualisation modules and GUIs