Junior Data Management Specialist
We are onan exciting journey of simplifying and transforming HKEX's data landscape.Collaborative Intelligence & Analytics, part of the Group Strategy andProject Management division, aims to empower the staff and clients of HKEX withthe use of data, and to improve efficiency and profitability of HKEX's businessby making data-driven decisions, and we are inviting a Junior DataManagement Specialist to join our programme. The position we offer:
You willwork with Business unit and Data Engineering teams to establish data governancestandards and data management lifecycle controls. You willhave a crucial role in defining and executing our Data Governance Framework,and be part of a major change programme aimed at delivering cutting edge analyticscapabilities for HKEX. Key responsibilities include:
• Aspart of a team, developing and promoting the end-to-end data management processfor data acquisition and processing, data quality and governance for ourEnterprise Data platform.
• Deploya metadata management framework to cover data lineage, access control, datacatalogue, data encryption, anonymisation, etc.
• Enhancingdata stewardship & protection through driving the adoption of our DataGovernance framework.
• Supportingthe implementation of data access right & data handling processes
• Helpdrive best practices for group data management to minimise operational effort,automating processes where possible
• Workclosely with Data Architecture and Data Engineering to continuously refineplatform offerings and architecture
• Workclosely with Data Stewards in various business areas to design and continuouslyrefine and optimise our data governance process
• Actas a change agent and drive continuous improvement through stakeholdereducation, feedback collection, pain point investigation and industry bestpractices study The qualifications you need:
The idealcandidate should have experience (1-3 years) in the data management andgovernance space. You should have some experience in establishing and adoptingdata management and governance processes for an enterprise, demonstrating anability to solve complex problems with different groups of stakeholders. Financialexperience is preferred. Furthermore, you must have:
• Datadriven thinking
• Abilityto successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skillsets,backgrounds and levels within the organization
• Abilityto effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
• Experiencein using and adopting a Enterprise Data Catalogue
• Excellentcommunication skills and experience working in cross functional teams
Preferably you also have:
· Experience in delivering Training and Workshops
· Experiencein metadata management, data quality and data lineage
· Knowledgein data management with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP)
You will bejoining a cross functional team in a highly international environment basedacross Hong Kong, London and Shenzhen.