• Oversees allocated currency and commodity portfolios and ensure adequate coverage and analysis is performed.
• Works closely with our Chief Analyst to develop overall currency and commodity view and strategies so as to assist clients and regional teams.
• Maintains and develops business relationships with customer and other financial institutions (regional and international) for improving business.
• Keeps abreast of all developments in the global and regional markets and co-operate with colleagues in providing timely forecasts, views and information.
• Contributes to the daily market commentary and market update. Updates clients regularly on the latest financial market movements
• Tap investors in spot and derivative markets for instant reaction news, explain the market activity and analyze trends
• Craft on-the-spot stories that capture "what's happening," "why" and "what does it mean"
• Draw on market intelligence and analysis to build out more in-depth pieces on your own and in conjunction with others
• Maintain a high level of integrity.
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, or its equivalent. A postgraduate degree would be viewed favourably. Finance qualification preferred but not mandatory
Minimum of one-year experience in FX analytics, or working in the financial markets and maybe an active forex trader.
Good analytical skill, technical skills and knowledge of the mechanics of FX/Stock markets.
Independent thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Flexibility and the ability to handle day-to-day pressures of the position.
Diligent with an eye for detail and pro-active approach
Self-motivated, analytical and able to communicate effectively, both oral and written in English and Chinese. Mandarin is a must.
Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable.
Support our educational seminars and webinars to help clients and potential clients get more comfortable with trading.
Good PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Travel as required.