As a leading investment bank in China and Hong Kong region, the investment banking arm of Bank of China, BOC International Holdings Limited (“BOCI”), is now seeking highly motivated, creative and success-oriented professional who would like to pursue the career for supporting our group.
We are looking for a Commodity Sales and Trader for our UK Global Commodities platform, which is well-established clearing member of the LME and ICE Europe with business across metals and energy markets etc,, serving clients from China, South East Asia to Europe on trading, brokering and clearing, as well as structured products.
The role is based in London, UK with primary focus leaning towards the LME, and
base metals market; occasionally need to cover ICE, CME etc. other commodities
- Establishing new client relationships as well as maintaining existing ones;
- Executing trades on client instructions;
- Provide product information and market analysis to client;
- Support to manage the trading book as a market maker and direct trading counterpart;
- Coordinate with other departments as appropriate to facilitate trade processing, clearing, settlement, delivery, and risk management.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Sales & Trading in commodity derivatives asset class (ideally LME, base metals related, but not essential)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Mandarin speaking is essential
- Work location: London
Notes to applicants:
- Please apply in strict confidence with full resume, academic record, current and expected salaries.
- The personal data provided will be used for consideration of recruitment only. All personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be destroyed within 24 months.
- Candidates with Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF): please state on the CV.