Junior Analyst, Dealreporter Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Jan 18 2018-01-26
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong research and financial background to join Dealreporter as a Junior Analyst in the Asia Pacific research team. A successful applicant will play an important role in generating analytical and research content as part of the team’s coverage of corporate events.
Acuris group is the rebranded name of Mergermarket Consulting Limited.
Dealreporter, part of the Acuris Group, is a global provider of proprietary news & analytics for event-driven hedge funds and buy-side clients. We are a growth-focused entrepreneurial group that delivers real-time specialist market insights on public company M&A and other tradable corporate events including Equity Capital Markets activity.
- Real time monitoring of key public domain sources of news and developments on M&As and corporate events across the major equity markets in Asia Pacific; identifying key valuation metrics, deal conditions and other deal completion risks.
- Input, maintain and update proprietary databases of key developments on event-driven situations
- Support analyst and editorial content production objectives by contributing relevant data and information for periodic reports.
- Regular interaction with Dealreporter analysts and journalists regarding data, research and basic valuation queries on corporate events.
- The role will evolve as the Junior Analyst builds the capability to conduct interpretative and qualitative analysis for inclusion in commentaries or research notes for both internal distribution and external publication.
- A successful applicant will be given support to develop their abilities to screen and identify emerging or developing trends indicative of future corporate activity (pre-event situations).
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor degree or above in Finance or Accounting with at least 1-2 years’ experience in financial services sector. Fresh graduate with relevant internship background will also be considered.
- Good understanding of capital markets; some knowledge of corporate activity types (spin offs, demergers etc) will be advantageous.
- Highly analytical and numerate with meticulous attention to details is essential; competent to perform precise and in-depth analysis with accuracy.
- Ability to think critically, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment. Willingness to identify and solve problems.
- Fast learner, proactive and self-driven; able to work independently and contribute as part of a team.
- Excellent and well-structured written & verbal communication skills required.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel, Word and Access. VBA skills necessary.
- Fully proficient in English and Chinese; additional Asian language skills (Japanese or Korean) will be considered a plus.
- Above all, be passionate about the financial markets and be able to articulate and present sound and logical judgments.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter with expected salary to the attention of Vivian Wong at DRAsia.Recruitment@acuris.com.
Personal data will be solely used for recruitment purpose and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.