My client is a leading Tier-1 investment banks with major presence in APAC. They are now seeking to hire a Front Office Java Trading Systems Developer Associate/Vice President mainly for their Equities Electronic systems. The Synthetics Technology Group has been one of the top performing groups for our client in recent years. On the back of this success, they are looking to add a further 14 developers to the team, spread across the APAC region.
1. Scaling Project:
- 7 openings in this team
- Complete revamp of the banks inventory checking system
- Expert level Java skills
- Some experience with “java sequencer” would be extremely useful
- Rebuild of the Synthetic Inventory Platform for trading
- Automation of the Synthetic Basket – platform workflow between client/sale and trader, but also working on trading automation
- Inventory management and funding execution platform build-out
2. RFQ System:
- 3-4 openings in this team
- Request for Quotation (RFQ) workflow system between sales and traders
3. Core Infrastructure:
- 3-4 openings in this team
- Involves working on the core infrastructure for inventory management
- Technologies such as HazelCast, Kafka and other middleware technologies
- Role will be 40% Slang/SecDB and 60% Java
The candidate will be a part of a team which is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment and a high degree of software quality. You will be an integral part of the trading floor where you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by their clients.
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high availability, high capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management, exchange connectivity, processing high volumes of ticking data and post-trade processing
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems
- Design distributed computation infrastructure to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data
- Use data to guide decision making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience developing deterministic high performance, low latency systems (counted in single digit microseconds)
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations
- Core Java – react.js
- Linux systems programming
- The chance to work in a bulge bracket tier-1 investment bank
- High visibility
- More autonomy, less bureaucracy
- Relaxed environment – friendly, casual culture
- Excellent working hours and environment
- Great financial incentives for performers
This is a great opportunity for the aspiring candidates to put their expertise to use at the right platform and gain first class experience of working in an Investment Bank. This will be also be a useful opportunity for candidates to develop and hone their management skills simultaneously.
If you are interested in this position or would like to explore other opportunities within enterprise information technology, please send your detailed resume to Saurabh Mishra at Saurabh.Mishra@bahpartners.com or call +852 28504446 for a confidential discussion.
BAH Partners is a top supplier of the best finance technology talent for most of Hong Kong's top-tier financial institutions.
For more opportunities, please visit our website at http://bahpartners.com/live-roles or look at our other jobs listed here at http://www.efinancialcareers.hk/jobs BAH_Partners.br00000340