Java Trading Desk Developer for Equity Prime Brokerage - Information Technology - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Develop or enhance applications for Equity Prime Brokerage
- Support Equity derivatives users on their daily requests and ensure on-duty jobs whenever requested
- Manage users' requirements and provide in-depth business analysis
- Communicate and report to IT peers and FO and MO partners
Profile required Profile Requirements:
- Must have 2 -3 years of relevant experience to be considered at Analyst level; at least 5 years' for Associate or more than 8 years for VP level
- Proven years of Core Java FO development (Java 8+, SpringBoot)
- Proven experience in Agile, TDD and continuous delivery (Jenkins, Sonar)
- Good knowledge of Domain driven design and Cloud Native applications
- Good knowledge of Equity derivatives products (Equity finance, Delta1 and Prime Brokerage preferred)
- Knowledge of Python and analytics libraries is a strong advantage
- Technical background in Linux is preferable
- Knowledge of Docker and public cloud is a plus
- Good communication to interact with other IT peers in HK and Paris
Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
Client - Client focus: I nurture a long-term relationship with the clients/internal partners
Innovation - Technology: I include technological breakthroughs in the strategies implemented
Responsibility - Empowerment and Accountability: I give resources and autonomy to make decisions
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region. Department Description
As part of the Front Office IT department the Equity derivatives developer team oversees development and support of tools used by Equity Prime Brokerage, Delta 1 and Security finance traders, sales, and operations.
The team is composed of 10 developers and application support analysts in Hong Kong.
All the developers are based in the dealing room and interact daily with the Front and Middle Office.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/10