Java Software Engineer
Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms. Founded in 2007, we have over 100 employees across three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney, and Shanghai. Our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets and although we mainly specialise in equity derivatives, we also trade delta one, ETFs, commodity derivatives, and crypto currency products. Technology is inextricably linked to our trading strategies, creating an environment powered by intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and innovation.
Due to organic growth, we are looking for a Java Engineer to join our Trading Systems Development team which is responsible for Eclipse Trading's in-house derivatives trading system, spanning order execution, derivative pricing, risk management, and P&L.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement solutions to manage orders, price derivatives, and manage risk
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers
- Engage with traders and quants on a regular basis to gather business and system requirements
- Contribute to the next generation of our trading system to support growing volumes, increased automation and new asset classes, through green field development and refactoring of existing code bases with modern technologies (Java 11, Kafka, Kafka Streams)
- Provide Tier 3 support as needed
What you offer
- Excellent core Java design and development skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience in building distributed systems in Java
- Strong believer in automated testing and collaboration with colleagues
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
- Brand new iconic office in the lively thoroughfare of Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- Work life balance within a multi-cultural environment
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.