Techruit is Hong Kong based requirement agency founded by Ex-Goldman with hands on 20 years of technology experience. We focus on matching high potential technology talent with high growth opportunities in financial industry in Hong Kong.
About the job
This opening is for one of Hong Kong's top investment bank. They are looking for a strong candidate to join their software development team. They seek a candidate with the experience and leadership in designing and developing of trading algorithms. This candidate will work with a diverse team of developers and with traders on improving trading strategy. This role will report to the CTO and will be a key member team to continue to grow and scale.
Strategists develop and implement efficient automated tools to translate quant traders’ strategies into orders. They design specific features to help traders monitor and analyze the behavior of strategies in production, and ensure adequate monitoring of risks and positions. Strategists plays a critical role in ensuring that the AMM technology platform remains best in class in the industry. Additionally, as responsible for Lynx Asia platform, you coordinate with traders and developers in other regions.
- Guide traders during new strategy design
- Proactively manage the production platform by
- leveraging software engineering to eliminate operational work via automation
- optimizing system architecture to maintain operational efficiency
- conducting thorough but blameless post-mortems to help guide the evolution of the platform
- Develop and maintain pipeline for generation of alphas
- Develop and maintain monitoring and production tools used in the trading platform
- Develop and maintain the simulation tools and back testing environment used to test and validate strategies
- Contribute to the enforcement of adequate risk filters for each automaton to prevent abnormal behaviour.
- Organize and monitor the orderly production of automatons during trading hours.
- Monitor, investigate, and improve performances of trading strategies.
- Contribute to the research and design of optimal setup for each set of strategies.
- Coordinate and test infrastructure changes, as implemented by the Group IT and Production teams.
- Make sure all developments satisfy local regulations.
- Expertise in the JAVA (Java SE 8) programming language and relevant toolkits
- Minimum 3 year experience in developing / supporting trading platforms
- Ability to quickly resolve issues under pressure
- Strong technical & problem solving (troubleshooting) skills
- Excellent oral communication skills Relevant Skills:
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience
- Financial maths, quantitative models, quadratic optimization
- Experience in supporting applications in a Linux/Unix environment
- Familiarity with Python/Scripting language