Java/ Python Software Engineer - AWM Trading Technology - Vice President
The Trading Technology team are looking for the very best and brightest technologists across the globe to be part of a multi-year program to revolutionize how the buy-side executes in the market. In short our ambition is to turn trading from an art to a science by building industry leading technology platforms to manage orders, execute trades across the full array of equities products and automate the trading lifecycle. The Role
The data and analytics team is responsible for the development of pre-trade, intraday and post-trade analytical products. This group plays a critical role in the development of systematic trading models.
We manage a python research environment, collaborating with quants using machine learning and data science techniques to develop models that optimize execution and reduce cost.
Part of the teams remit is building a resilient high-capacity platform supporting the firm's business and regulatory agenda. Capturing data from investment idea through trading and settlement.
The role offers full-stack development opportunities from sourcing data, analysing, service development and UX.
Our products are built in Java, Python, C# and HTML5. The candidate will be responsible for
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Contribute to the design and build of our next gen analytics platform.
- Working with other technologists, traders and quants to deliver business solutions.
- Apply quantitative and ML techniques to data analysis.
- Managing the full Software Delivery Lifecycle including coding, testing, deployment, and support, in a DevOps environment
- Strong technologist with experience developing in Java / Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to manipulate and analyse complex, large scale data from varying sources
- Numerate degree or equivalent (Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics)
- Experience of working in financial services, in a front-office environment
- Understanding of Asset Management and the investment management process
- CFA / CQF or other applied qualification
- Deep and broad technology expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture, with current experience of Python and Java, SQL & NoSQL databases, reactive and/or complex event processing