Java Equities Developer
Java Equities Developer
Are you a passionate Java developer looking for a fulfilling position in finance with promising career growth? A global bank is looking for a strong Java developer to join the Equities development team within their Equity Derivatives business.
This is a design and development role primarily focused on continuing the build out of their equity derivatives trading platform and associated applications. The successful candidate will be based in Hong Kong and be a member of the global team. In addition they will, from time to time, perform development activities on some of the regional tactical and legacy Equity Derivatives applications.
The developer will be responsible for the development and timely delivery of new and/or existing software and projects working with other software engineers and project managers.
The candidate will be hands-on with development and will be involved in all aspects of the project life cycle: requirements gathering, analysis, development, testing and deployment to fulfil the bank's SDLC standards.
What will you be doing?
• Design & implement appropriate technical solutions
• Code & unit testing of the solution
• Produce documented & tested software for delivery to production
• Ensure that his/her work adheres to global software development, delivery and change process standards
• Work with colleagues globally to understand and contribute to the system architecture and to ensure that local developments are aligned with the global strategy and the overall roadmap.
• Use existing IB and finance domain knowledge to validate the accuracy of the technical solution and adherence to requirements.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and systems
• Continuously monitor the overall progress of his/her projects and to communicate progress and status to management
What we're looking for:
A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Management or related discipline.
Experience in core Java
Solid experience in building distributed systems in the financial services sector.
Knowledge and experience of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving is required.
Skills that will help you in the role:
Agile and Test Driven development.
If you are interested in this position or would like more information, please apply here or drop an email to Amy.Hall@TEKsystems.com.