Java Developer/ Java, Agile, TDD / Cash Equities, Electronic Trading, Agency trading, Low Touch / Front Office Trading, Greenfield / Investment Bank / Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney
My client is a tier-1 investment bank. They are currently embarking on a large scale global technology growth initiative. The build-out is across all of their front office technology divisions and the firm-wide remit is to rebuild and modernize their technology stack, using cutting edge open source technologies.
This is a total rewrite of the banks electronic trading platform (agency trading) for low touch clients. It is a greenfield development initiative, re-developing the trading systems front to back.
- This is a greenfield project, a complete, front-to-back rewrite of the firms electronic trading platform
- Covering the whole trading systems, including:
- OMS – High throughput / Low-latency
- Client connectivity via FIX
- Exchange connectivity using native exchange protocol
- Smart Order Routing (SOR) and Internalization Trading platform
- Existing platform is written in C++, the rewrite will be in Java 8
- Current team is circa 35 people, spread across APAC (15 in Hong Kong)
- Looking to grow to 40 people by the end of the year
- Expert level in Java
- Experience with Agile/TDD Methodologies
- Some exposure to Functional programming would be useful
- Knowledge of Cash Equities trading Systems
- Good communication skills in English – this is a Front-Office role, and involves a lot of direct communication with the desk.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats, eg Developer, BA, PM etc.
- There are multiple roles in this team, and they are open to both Junior and Senior candidates.
- Work with the latest technologies, help the bank to transition away from legacy technology.
- Opportunity to apply Machine Learning and AI in order to improve the system.
- Truly Tier-1 Global Investment Bank
- Work closely with the desk in an exciting Front-Office role
- Good work life balance. Projects are planned with a certain degree of conservativeness, so less “hard deadlines” than in other banks
- My client understands that employees have families, so there is some flexibility and the opportunity to work from home from time to time
These roles are urgent, and need to be filled by years end. Do not miss your chance to interview at one of the top performing global investment banks, in the exciting front office equities trading space.
In short, this is a once-in-a-career opportunity to build something from the ground up at one of the world’s premier investment banks. There is scope to affect real technological change, and to gain recognition for your efforts.
If you are interested in this position, or would like to explore other opportunities within enterprise information technology, please send your detailed resume to Bodhi Henderson at Bodhi.Henderson@bahpartners.com or call (852) 2850 4877 for a confidential discussion.
BAH Partners is a top supplier of the best finance technology talent for most of Hong Kong's top-tier financial institutions.
For more opportunities, please visit our website at http://bahpartners.com/live-roles
or look at our other jobs listed here at http://www.efinancialcareers.hk/jobs-BAH_Partners.br00000340