Java Algo Developer Roe for Hedge Fund
Techruit is Hong Kong based requirement agency founded by Ex-Goldman with hands on 20 years of technology experience. We focus on matching high potential technology talent with high growth opportunities in financial industry in Hong Kong.
About the job
Our client is one of Hong Kong’s leading hedge funds is looking for a software developer with a focus in cross-asset trading system and algo trading. As a multi-strategy hedge fund, this trading system covers Equity, FX, Rates and Volatility executions. The candidate will have close collaboration with the front oﬃce users from various desks and will have the ability to develop solutions in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
Successful candidate will be a computer science graduate or have a similar technological/mathematical educational background with 4-5 years’ experience, ideally in finance or fin-tech. The candidate should have extremely strong development skills in relevant technologies and a broad set of system architecture knowledge. We are looking for candidates who have an aptitude to gain wide-ranging domain knowledge and apply it to develop automated/ algorithmic trading capability, expand product coverage, manage external connectivity, promote internal accessibility and build safeguards on funds cross- asset trading system.
- Work directly with front oﬃce users and strategy developers to determine business requirements and priorities
- Develop high quality solutions in a fast paced environment
- Make suggestions and implement enhancements to streamline existing workflows
- Develop front to back technology (UI to server to integration with MO)
- Comply with development standards and operating model for the team
- University level education in computer science or a relevant subject
- 3-5 years’ programming experience in a relevant role (ideally in finance/fin- tech)
- A track record of delivering high quality code
- Ability to work in pressured environment and deliver given real world business constraints
- Confident and be able to stand by his/her technical decisions, while staying flexible
- Insightful, assertive, independent, proactive character; energetic and be able to push things through
- Fair interpersonal skills: patient, positive, and persistent when dealing with others.
- Takes the initiative yet disciplined and follows instructions.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory, relates complex ideas concisely and directly orally or in writing to non-technical audience
- Think out loud; not shy of raising issues and questions to relevant people
- Works independently with little supervision
- Experience with running production applications in a cloud environment would be an additional valued skill
Operating System: Unix/Linux, Windows
Database: MongoDB, Influx, Sybase, Oracle, PostgreSQL
Why work with us
- A unique work culture that combines autonomy and high performance with collaboration and respect for each other
- A results-oriented, transparent, meritocratic culture where outcomes and accomplishments are rewarded
- Flat hierarchy where everyone has access across the organisation Intellectually stimulating, high performance environment
- Casual but hard working work-style
- Located in Asia’s premier financial hub of Hong Kong
Competitive Rewards & Benefits
- A total compensation based approach to rewards, including base salary, signing bonus, and opportunity for discretionary performance bonus
- Top tier medical and dental insurance for employees and their dependents Life and business travel insurance
- Annual leave, flexible working options Based in Hong Kong, a low tax regime