J.P. Morgan Wealth Management Strategic Program Group - Senior Associate - Project Manager
The Strategic Program Group is a project management team, focusing on defining strategy, solutions and plans to manage change initiatives impacting the Global Wealth Management Business. Our Initiatives are mostly business driven, focusing on business improvement, growth, expansion and enhanced controls. The team works cross-functionally with product specialists, front office advisors, legal, risk management, compliance, operations, technology, middle office and marketing and acts an internal consultant to implement and execute large scale projects. Responsibilities
Acting as an internal consultant in partnership with senior management and working with a range of functions across the Private Bank to support the development and implementation of projects that meet the strategic vision of the Business. The size and duration of each project will vary but the objectives focus on similar key aspects such as business development, process efficiency, technology enablement and risk mitigation.
- Participate in short- to long-term project deliverable. Design, develop and establish project governance.
- Work independently and under minimum supervision to deliver project milestones. Be recognized as a key participant to deliver on the project
- Frame out clear, feasible solutions and execute project deliverables in a timely manner. Effectively prioritize workload and keep others informed of progress
- Produce project materials adapted to business needs with limited supervision, be proactive in improving project management materials (with regional and/or global peers)
- Update correctly and consistently the project reporting and documentation. Demonstrate attention to detail and consistently produce quality work
- Build relationships with stakeholders, demonstrate the ability to identify, partner, and navigate with players and key SMEs and functions in JPMorgan
- Act as business representative for the front office teams coordinating across the wider support functions to implement business solutions
- Partner with Legal, Compliance & Risk to identify and address areas of risk & regulatory exposure
- Develop detailed knowledge of front office/ middle/back-office process flows and trading systems
- Ideally 5 to 7 years of relevant project and change management experience in financial services industry. Strategy or management consulting background preferred but not required.
- Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, fast learner, delivery focused with the ability to work independently and balancing multiple projects at once while remaining focused on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in project management and / or understanding of business process modelling, process transformation, business tool development life-cycle. Experience in Finance Industry is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment, with people at all levels across all functions including ability to engage with senior management
- Have an entrepreneurial mind-set and ability to manage complexity, juggle multiple priorities and deliver solutions to a tight deadline
- Excellent communicator who can message complex information into a simple pitch, in a room, on a whiteboard, or in a document. Keynote skill is a plus.
- Fluent in English written and verbal communication. Mandarin is a plus.
- Experience in participating and/or driving Digital Projects is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Project, Access & Visio is a plus.