Job Purpose To support the Head of Investment Advisory to perform research, identify short and long term investment opportunities for the team and responsible for presenting, commenting and writing about such opportunities in, including but not limited to staff briefing/ forum, client seminar, TV program, newspaper articles…etc.
- Work closely with the Head of Investment Advisory, IA Team Leaders and Product Heads to implement the Bank’s Market Views.
- To bridge between the overall economic trends based on in-house views and market consensus and business opportunities to formulate strategies for investment ideas/ products.
- Promote the Bank’s public image and services through online and offline channels, publication in media/ press releases.
- Perform research directions, prepare sales and coaching materials to develop knowledge to the IA teams and to identify asset allocation gaps and formulate the strategies to close such gaps.
- Review, analyze and evaluate investment trends, market opportunities and competitive threats through reporting and analytics, and providing optimized strategies moving business forward.
- Coordinate and support sales events (e.g. seminars) for both internal and external clients.
- Understand the relevance and meaning of all relevant bank policies, guidelines and procedures, including but not limited to those related to AML, data protection, code of conduct, internal control, risk management, etc. and fully comply with them.
- Report timely any unusual transaction / activity suspicious of money laundering to Compliance Department; and malpractice / irregularity identified to supervisor.
- Degree holder or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ solid experience in investment advisory or strategy role, with exposure in presenting house views via HK mass media would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge in investment market and good understanding on regulatory requirements, industry and market developments
- Possess qualifications for relevant investment licenses registration, with CFP / CFA / HKRFP qualification will be an advantage
- Articulate with excellent analytic, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, native Putonghua speaker is preferred