Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Investment Product Fund Services - Product Management
The Investment Product Fund Services (IPFS) group at Wellington works closely with our equity investment teams, our Client Group and business colleagues around the firm. Our equity investors span a wide range of disciplines, geographies, industries, market capitalizations, and styles. Our clients are located around the world. The product management function has three main objectives:
- Product Development and Marketing
- IPFS contributes to client growth and retention by assessing business opportunities and leading business planning, developing new products and investment solutions, creating the communication strategy for the book of business, including materials that differentiate the product relative to competitors and acting as a subject matter expert and portfolio representative for colleagues, clients and consultants.
- Investment Integrity and Risk Management
- IPFS acts as an independent advisor to ensure the integrity of the investment and risk management processes, as well as consistency with client parameters and objectives, conducts regular product risk and performance attributions reviews and contributes to formal Investment Review Group processes
- Business Management
- IPFS contributes to business management, including capacity, pricing and guidelines, leads resolution of internal business challenges and collaborates on product management business to share investment integrity, marketing and product development best practices.
Role and responsibilities
Investment Specialists are important members of product teams, typically led by an Investment Director, and who work in conjunction with our Investment Analysts.
The investment specialist will be principally focused on assisting in the development of our China strategy which is an exciting and growing opportunity within Wellington. The primary duties in our expansion in China include supporting the research and product development of the firm's future product pipeline. The individual will be working closely with the investment team to help craft the investment philosophy and process of new strategies to be offered at Wellington. Furthermore, the individual will build their knowledge of our global equity strategies and work on the representation of select strategies relevant for our client base in the region.
He/she will work closely with the Investment Director(s), investment teams, and business professionals to contribute to efforts centered on reviewing and evaluating the integrity of our equity approaches, positioning approaches for success in the marketplace, and helping to manage business issues such as capacity, fees and guidelines associated with portfolios under coverage.
Responsibilities include performing analyses that ensure portfolio integrity by providing oversight of portfolio positioning, performance, and risk exposures. The individual will also contribute to the development of new investment strategies and client solutions, conduct market and competitor analysis, evaluate product overlap and capacity trends and prepare white papers and presentation materials that serve to differentiate our portfolios. Additional duties and projects may include market analysis, competitor analysis, review of RFPs, and creation and maintenance of marketing materials. Over time we expect the individual to actively participate in meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants to communicate our investment philosophy, strategy, positioning, and performance. The individual will be assigned to work with and support investment teams and their respective portfolios to introduce and conduct portfolio reviews with clients, prospects and consultants. .
The ideal candidate is a flexible problem solver with a can-do attitude who takes ownership of issues. The individual will work closely with members of the investment team, the Client Group and other functional areas.
The Investment Specialist role requires demonstrated knowledge of portfolio and market analysis and a passion for equity investing. Advanced analytical skill including the ability to frame issues, identify important points and draw conclusions, combined with strong communication skills and intellectual curiosity is a must. He/she must be comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-faced environment that, over time, requires deep expertise in both the investment process and the competitive marketplace.
Further qualifications include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Substantial (5-8 years) industry experience, preferably in a relevant capacity
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Mandarin (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong business judgment, curiosity, comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Leadership skills, grace under pressure, flexibility, ability to get things done
- MBA and/or CFA is desirable
- Willingness to travel
Investment Specialist LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .