Our client is a major private banking group headquartered in Europe and operates worldwide looking to hire an experienced Investment Risk Control Manager
The Investment and Advisory Risk Control team is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the sales process and suitability framework of the bank and acts as its competence centre for Asia. Apart from advisory, the team also perform monitoring, assessing and controlling the adherence to the bank’s policies and procedures in its area of competence.
- This role will be covering/focusing on the Discretionary Mandate risk control and will be responsible for Investment risk management initiatives, including designing, implementing and reviewing the selling process, solicitation guidelines and suitability framework
- Liaise with IT to enhance the bank’s systems and applications in assisting and supporting the management and reporting of the suitability risks
- Manage and perform regular controls monitoring, ad-hoc and thematic reviews and support special tasks (e.g. audits, investigations)
- Provide risk reporting and participate and represent the team in global, regional and local initiatives and workgroups
- Assemble materials and conduct training sessions on suitability related topics to educate client-facing colleagues and other relevant stakeholders
To qualify for the role, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- A University degree with at least 5 years of working experience in private banking/wealth management, preferably in suitability monitoring/investment controlling area of discretionary mandates business.
- Must be highly analytical, with strong control mindset
- Sound knowledge of MAS, HKMA and SFC regulatory requirements and financial and investment products
- Ability to think out of the box and to lead and work independently and as a team player whenever appropriate
If you are interested in the role, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.