Investment Product Risk Group Manager - SVP
The Invest Prod Risk Sr Officer I is a strategic professional who is responsible to lead the Investment Risk Team of 10 members composed with credit analysts and senior risk managers to define (a) Risk Appetite Framework around Collateral Acceptance and Portfolio metrics (b) Define Credit Policy Framework (c) Monitor Performance and make dynamic adjustments (d) Implement effective risk management tools (e) Maintain NIL/Low cost of credit (f) Comply to local regulations and Citi policies, etc.The products being managed are extremely dynamic which require strong and comprehensive risk management.As observed during GFC and COVID-19 crisis, the leader in this role is to play a very extremely significant role in shaping up the business strategy and navigating the portfolio through the crisis. Building a robust portfolio, which can withstand the stress during these 1-in-10 stress levels is the core responsibility of this role.The incumbent is required to interact with key business partners in Global Consumer Bank (GCB) including Senior Business Manager, Product Managers, Sales/Relationship Manager, Financial Control, Credit Operations, Operations and Technology and other groups within the organization including Co-ordination with Credit Risk functions in Private Banking Business, as well asseniors in regional and global Consumer Independent Risk Management team.Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project. Responsibilities:
- Lead the Investment Lending Risk Management Team with emphasis on Strategy & Portfolio management for Citibank Hong Kong Limited. Performing both quantitative and qualitative analysis on new and existing products as well as building strong risk management framework in managing the portfolio.
- Interact and lead discussion with all stakeholders in the business, senior management (within country, Regional or Global) on credit policy changes, new credit/product proposal and ensuring buy-in from all affected business partners and support business growth.
- Evaluate market conditions and the competitive environment to identify gaps in the credit policies and propose new policies and timely changes to protect the Bank's profitability.
- Communicating credit policy changes to the appropriate business partners and addressing resources and implementation of changes
- Establish strong partnership across the bank i.e. business, loan operation, finance, compliance, legal etc. to facilitate credit policy, strategic solutions and process streamlining implementation for respective products as well as to become an integral part of that business' ongoing operation and risk management.
- Coordinate and conduct the periodic review of Risk policies, procedures and and lending programs.
- Manage the Credit analytic tools (including CCAR, ICAAP and IWST stress testing model, collection strategies and acquisition and portfolio strategies) for the Investment lending products.
- Manage and enhance ongoing regulatory and portfolio monitoring reporting (including Basel /CCAR/ICAAP/Stress Test etc.) related to his/her covered businesses and evaluate these reports, escalating issues to the Senior Risk Manager as and when situation warrants.
- Escalates performance outliers to Senior Risk Manager with a view on the macro and/or microeconomic factors contributing to that performance.
- Manages the ongoing pipeline of periodic reviews related to specific products, programs, and firm models within coverage areas. Take responsibility for meeting approval deadlines and escalating, early, those issues that may delay delivery.
- Lead any discussion with Audit Risk Review Team, Fundamental Credit Review (FCR) Team, External Audit Committee and Local/US Regulator for products under management.
- Assisting with periodic presentations to Citi senior management, regulators, and other constituents, requiring the translation of complex concepts into 'user friendly' language.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years relevant experience in Consumer or Private banking credit risk management covering wide range of Investment / Wealth Management products (e.g. mutual funds, structured notes, stocks, fixed income instruments, insurance products etc.) and Portfolio management.
- Superior Knowledge of wealth & Investment management, understanding of global financial market and dynamics of financial instruments and their associated risks (Credit, market, Liquidity, Legal etc.) are critical for the role.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting; demonstrated ability to manage and influence divergent views across a complex organization in the absence of direct authority
- Expert analytical and writing skills
- An ability to drive tasks through to completion
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing external environment and support business in a highly competitive and challenging market.
- Proven ability to balance Risk & Reward by having a Client First attitude and relationship management.
- Thinks strategically and acts decisively in high risk scenarios, appropriately assessing a situation based on available data, experience, intuition, and judgment.
- Consistently reads difficult situations accurately and takes appropriate action to gain senior colleague/ client commitment.
- Demonstrates "managerial courage", strong ethics and integrity.
- Must have the skills to build, train, retain and lead a team and ability / experience to provide stable guidance and leadership during stress.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Should be an articulate and effective communicator, with an energetic and approachable style.
- Candidates must have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating Risk issues, strength in sustaining independent views, and the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization.
- Able to on the ground and work across levels in risk management and also with other operations and business teams.
- Should be able to work as a strategic senior manager for the franchise showing ability to think beyond silos.
- Excellent Presentation skills - adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and adapting style as necessary.
- Acts as a role model for managing people, coaching, and serving as a mentor.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and organizational skills including sophisticated communication
- Ability to develop relationships cross-functionally
- Analytical skills including experience with portfolio-construction techniques and portfolio analysis
- Flexibility in thought and approach; able to introduce creative solutions and enact reasonable judgment for complex issues that have no 'right' answer
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Investment Product Risk Mgmt Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting