Investment Operations Manager - HSBC Insurance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Nov 17 2017-11-28
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Investment Operations Manager.
In this role, you will
- Support the Investment and Settlement Operations team, residing in HSBC Insurance Hong Kong, through the monitoring and management of liquidity, collateral requirements, trade support, HSBC Income Accumulation Funds, and Occupational Retirement Schemes Pricing controls and settlement activities.
- Ensure trades reflected correctly and escalating any issues appropriate parties.
- Ensure the agreements with relevant service providers are being appropriately applied. Ongoing understanding risks associated with the trade flow, ensuring appropriate controls are implemented, highlighting areas for process improvement and making the necessary suggestions to get these controls in place.
- Act as a point of escalation for all trade, collateral or other Business as Usual queries where required.
- Extensive interaction with Collateral service provider, Custodian, HSBC Global Asset Management and counterparties
- Coordination of data flow between Securities Services provider, and HSBC Global Asset Management
- Overall oversight of the services provided by Securities Services agent, as well as vendor management of custodial relationship, this would involve escalations, chairing of regular service review meetings and bringing together of appropriate Management Information on service exceptions and presenting this back to the service supplier and working to ensure appropriate controls and process oversight is in place to mitigate these risks, where appropriate, going forward
- Provide appropriate input in all change initiatives, advising potential impact on the current processes, drives change management in coordination with Information Technology team to increase automation and controls.
- Assist in building out a global and robust set of controls in line current Control Frameworks.
- Support current line management and where required be able to cover the responsibilities for Business as Usual management and supplier relations
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University Graduate, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administrations
- Strong working experience in Repo or Derivatives Operations within Fund Houses, Asset Managements, Financial Institutions, Insurance, or Banking industries
- Fluency with mechanics and terms of International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Credit Support Annex, Global Master Repurchase Agreements
- Demonstrable experience in establishing operational controls and issue resolution management
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communication with diverse groups internally and externally.
- Rigorous approach to controls and the minimization of operational risk.
- Partnership skills are essential as there will be working with other members of the team.
- Flexible, with the ability to resolve issues under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience in vendor management
- Experience in Investment Operations functions in Insurance, or Asset Management firms
- Must be fluent in English and Cantonese
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A1U2
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited