Investment Associate - Private Banking
The Investment Associate within Citi Private Bank is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub function/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. The Private Bank at Citi (CPB) is part of the Institutional Clients Group and offers a wide range of products and solutions, including investment strategies, banking and lending, trust and specialized services. The Private Bank delivers solutions to help meet the individual, family and business needs of over 10,000 ultra-high net worth clients around the world. The Private Bank is focused on clients with a minimum net worth of $25mm and serves 40% of the world's billionaires and their families. Responsibilities:
- The role of the Investment Associate is to provide a wide variety of service and investment advice to an Ultra High Net Worth client base. The position focuses on servicing clients of Citi Private Bank by understanding their investment objectives and working in partnership with senior team members to deliver investment solutions.
- Help support the senior members of the investment team in their delivery of investment solutions to clients.
- Monitor and provide guidance on the markets to internal and external clients, incorporating the views of The Private Bank's Investment Committee.
- Prepare investment policy statements for prospective clients
- Analyze economic trends/activities and advise the effects on the investors' portfolios
- Recommend changes to the investors' holdings after evaluating the economic, financial and market factors and the potential impact on the investors' portfolios.
- Develop relationships and generate ideas with the bankers and clients that will lead to the growth of the asset base
- In support of senior team members, engage clients on investment themes and solutions, and assist in the execute of the investment solutions and trades.
- Attend internal and external meetings to stay current on financial markets, and products and services offered by Citi Private Bank.
- Adhere to a specific prospecting code of conduct, which (1) permits acquiring new private client accounts only by referral or personal contact with an individual seeking to do business and (2) prohibits seminars, mail campaigns, cold calling and any other methods of solicitation.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree with concentration of economics, finance or business administration; Professional experience or related occupation.
- Strong financial background, ability to communicate with co-workers and clients; excellent written and communication skills, able to work without direction, self-motivated
- CFA or relevant academic qualifications are desirable.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
Investment Counselor Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting