Investment Analyst, China Equities
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- APG Asset Management Asia
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
We are looking for an experienced investment analyst within the Global Emerging Markets Equities team who is capable of building, managing and increasing the value of our Chinese equities investment portfolio. The role requires analyzing and selecting high quality Chinese companies in the portfolio as well as other companies in the defined investable universe. In addition, the role will involve extensive engagement with these companies to influence and improve their conduct and performance on material governance and sustainability aspects.
The selected candidate will work closely together with the other portfolio managers in the Global Emerging Markets Equities team and the specialists of the Global Responsible Investment & Governance team.
- Support the senior portfolio manager in managing the Chinese equities portfolio management
- Producing detailed investment cases for invested companies;
- Working closely with the Global Emerging Markets Equities team to (1) actively contribute to the knowledge base regarding China, and (2) stimulate non-consensus thinking and constructively challenge ideas;
- Working with other teams to share ideas and implement APG Asset Management’s policies;
- Regular reporting to the senior portfolio manager in the team on the status of the portfolio and its risk characteristics; and
- Maintaining and managing company, industry and economic data bases on China.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-6 years of professional experience in the China equity market either on the buy side or sell side;
- Deep understanding of fundamental and financial analysis;
- Strong financial modeling skills;
- Ability to look outside the normal sources of information and develop independent perspectives;
- Willingness to contribute more broadly across the Global Emerging Markets Equities platform and other asset classes and/or departments;
- Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Culturally sensitive and adaptable and capable of working in a diverse team of individuals from different backgrounds; and
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
APG Asset Management Asia is an equal opportunity employer.
About APG Asset Management
APG Asset Management is a Dutch pension fund asset manager and one of the largest institutional investors globally. For its pension fund clients and their 4.5 million active and retired participants from the public and private sectors, APG Asset Management manages pension assets of more than €450 billion as at the end of May 2017. APG Asset Management operates from offices in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong.
APG Asset Management Asia is the Hong Kong subsidiary of APG Asset Management. It currently employs 40 professionals and manages a portfolio in emerging markets equities, listed and private real estate and infrastructure investments in Asia Pacific with a combined value in excess of €17 billion.
About APG Asset Management Asia’s Global Emerging Markets Equities team
The Global Emerging Markets Equities team at APG Asset Management Asia currently comprises 6 portfolio managers across a global emerging markets fundamental strategies portfolio and a global emerging markets small and midcap portfolio with a combined value of approximately €6 billion.
Our investment approach is based on the beliefs that (1) purchasing high-quality businesses at reasonable valuations will achieve excess returns over a complete market cycle; (2) companies which are capable of sustainably beating their cost of capital will deliver superior equity returns; and (3) by engaging management, companies can be influenced for change.