Conning is seeking a highly motivated and technically competent individual to join our Global Multi Asset investment team as an investment assistant. The assistant’s responsibilities include preparing qualitative and quantitative analysis reports for internal and external stakeholders, market surveillance, as well as portfolio monitoring, performance and risk analytics. There is scope for the role to be expanded to include research coverage responsibilities spanning macroeconomic, sectoral, thematic and company level research, subject to the assistant’s on-the-job progress and manager assessment.
This is an early career role, which is suitable for someone interested to develop a career in investment management. The role entails exposure to global financial markets including key developed markets, Asia and other emerging markets, as well as asset classes including equities and fixed income. The ideal candidate would have some working experience gained from buy-side, sell-side, or accountancy/audit fields. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as technical skills in Excel and Bloomberg are essential for success in this role. Prior security research experience is not required.
- Support multi asset portfolio managers in portfolio management, including market surveillance, portfolio construction, active monitoring and investment analysis of portfolio holdings.
- Prepare investment reports and commentaries.
- Prepare documentation for decision making of Investment Committee and investment process.
- Follow and report on market-moving news flow within assigned areas on a timely basis.
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by portfolio managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or finance discipline.
- 1 - 2 years of investment and financial analysis experience. Candidates with mid/back office working experience who are interested to transit to front office are welcome.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills to work in a multi-cultural environment. Mandarin language skills are a plus.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Bloomberg and Bloomberg Excel.
- Flexible self-learner with ability to thrive in rapidly changing and uncertain financial markets environment.
- Organized thought-process, strong initiative and ownership of the quality of deliverables.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task in fast-paced working environment.
- Strong personal integrity, professional work ethics and good team player.
Conning (www.conning.com) is a leading investment management firm with approximately US$207 billion in global assets under management as of June 30, 2021.* With a long history of serving the insurance industry, Conning supports institutional investors, including pension plans, with investment solutions and asset management offerings, risk modeling software, and industry research. Founded in 1912, Conning has investment centers in Asia, Europe and North America.
*As of June 30, 2021, represents the combined global assets under management for the affiliated firms under Conning Holdings Limited and Cathay Securities Investment Trust Co., Ltd. (“SITE”). SITE reports internally into Conning Asia Pacific Limited, but is a separate legal entity under Cathay Financial Holding Co., Ltd. which is the ultimate controlling parent of all Conning controlled entities.
**Personal Data collected will be used for recruitment Purposes only**