- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- APG Asset Management Asia
- 17 Apr 19
About APG Asset Management
APG Asset Management is an asset manager for a number of Dutch pension funds and one of the largest institutional investors globally. For its pension fund clients and their 4.5 million active and retired participants from the public and private sectors, APG Asset Management manages pension assets of more than €475 billion as at the end of December 2018. In addition to the office in Hong Kong, APG Asset Management operates offices in Amsterdam and New York.
APG Asset Management Asia is the Hong Kong subsidiary of APG Asset Management. It currently employs 50 professionals and manages a portfolio in emerging markets equities, listed and private real estate and infrastructure investments in Asia Pacific with a combined value in excess of €20 billion.
About APG Asset Management Asia’s Global Emerging Markets Equities team
The Global Emerging Markets Equities (GEM) team at APG Asset Management Asia currently comprises 14 investment professionals across a global emerging markets fundamental strategies portfolio, a global concentrated emerging markets small and midcap portfolio and a concentrated China A equities portfolio, with a combined value of approximately €8 billion. In addition to quality, the focus of the GEM team is on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) aspects, based on our conviction that purchasing high-quality businesses at reasonable valuations will achieve excess returns over a complete market cycle.
We believe that:
- companies which are capable of sustainably beating their cost of capital will deliver superior equity returns; and
- by engaging management in this investment universe, we will be able to influence company management for change.
Position and Main Responsibilities
- Within the GEM platform, an exciting opportunity has come up for an Investment Analyst to join the existing team.
- The main responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
- Analysing industries and companies and make stock recommendations;
- Supporting the Portfolio Managers in their engagement with corporate management of listed companies in order to make investment decisions as well as to improve corporate governance practices within invested companies;
- Assisting the other investment professionals in writing investment materials, maintaining company valuation models and ESG scorecards for the portfolio; and
- Working alongside the other investment professionals in the Emerging Markets Equities team to stimulate non-consensus thinking and constructively challenge ideas.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in Economics/Finance or other relevant fields; a MBA or CFA accreditation would be an advantage;
- Between 1-5 years of experience, preferably with Investment Bank Sell side or Asset Management Buy side;
- A strong interest in investing with a solid foundation in financial accounting and valuations;
- Broad minded with the ability to look outside the normal sources of information and develop independent perspectives;
- Energetic and ambitious to learn;
- Fluent in English; Mandarin would be a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Culturally sensitive and adaptable and capable of working in a diverse team of individuals from different backgrounds; and
- Strong team player and communicator with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
APG Asset Management Asia is an equal opportunity employer.