About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage and anticipate client requirements with a focus towards managing the existing base as well as increase cross product holding per client.
- Build, understand and sustain relationships with the client’s circle of influence (e.g. a parent, mentor, advisor or other family member).
- Consistent and frequent communication with client providing complete, concise portfolio valuations and guidance.
- Serve as a problem-solver for the client, helping them identify investment criteria, recognise and handle concerns that arise as consultation moves closer to decision.
- Provide ongoing portfolio supervision, with a continuous focus towards helping the client adapt to changes in personal circumstances and the financial environment.
- Retain existing high value clients by growth of wallet with the bank through relationship management activities.
- Resolve client queries without further escalation.
- Effectively convert service recovery to sales opportunities and sustained client loyalty.
- RM will be dedicated for key markets or customers from specific corridors, with respective country connection, internal networking, language skills, community and compliance familiarity
- Where needed and appropriate, RM will conduct cross border travel for client relationship building in accordance to Cross Border Policy and respective country guidelines
- Ensure meeting clients requirements while ensuring compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities by all staff.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Tertiary / university education with consumer banking sales and service experience, preferably with specialization in the affluent market segment.
- Candidate is expected to possess extensive customer contacts that qualifies for the Priority Banking Segment
- Superior knowledge of investment products and financial markets
- Make effective business decisions independently, based on sound financial and business principles
- Competent in collaborating with product specialists to recommend product suite offerings for clients
- Effective understanding of client requirements and manage it without escalation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with people of all levels
- A team player with good initiatives and assertiveness
- A self-motivator who is keen on upgrading and improving personal knowledge & skills to meet evolving job requirements