Internal Control Associate - Corporate and Investment Banking Hong Kong
The role is for a professional dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of SG's internal control framework. In this role, through steering and monitoring the first line of defense operational risk across the bank, you will contribute and enforce the risk appetite of the bank. In doing so, you will be partnering with the three lines of defense to ensure each divisions have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities in relation to the permanent control framework and ensuring the internal control framework is effectively implemented and monitored in Societe Generale Asia Pacific. Responsibilities:
Profile Required Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
- Work closely with Group Internal Control Coordination Division and the lines of defence to implement and deliver permanent control framework
- Assist in the implementation of group permanent control framework and ensure it is operating effectively in run mode
- Support the permanent control framework/cartography and build a strong risk management culture across the business units
- Prepare internal control related indicators to ensure adequacy of permanent control environment and effectively linking the three lines of defenses to deliver end to end coverage
- Support and prepare the internal control co-ordination committee, including meeting coordination, preparation of risk reports, indicators, meeting minutes and liaison with risk experts to follow up on all remediation actions on residual risks
- Produce operational risk dashboards and heat map/metrics for management reporting to various risk management committees
- Assist with continuous improvement of the permanent control infrastructure within the team and to increase the ability to challenge the risk and control framework
- Support the co-ordination the implementation of risk appetite framework and risk appetite statement implementation in Asia
- Support trainings and raise awareness on permanent control framework
- University degree in Business ; Relevant professional qualification is desirable
This role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with different levels of management both regionally and globally.
- 6+ year's experience with good understanding of operational risk management and/or audit; ideally within financial services industry
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills and control mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) for report production and data analysis
Other behavioral skills:
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Commitment - Inspiration: I support the vision and the strategy
- Team Spirit - Conflict Management: I deal with conflicts proactively and in a positive mode
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Responsibility - Courage: I express my convictions and make decisions with courage and respect.
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to details
- Interacting with various people
- Presentation skills
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000OYB
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 25/11/2019