Work collaboratively with others across company, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Support delivery of Audit Plan.
• Support the Audit Owner in scoping the audit where necessary.
• Identify, assess & document risks and controls.
• Complete testing.
• Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the audit toolkit.
• Update the Audit Owner and audit team with progress and observations.
• Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Owner in writing the report.
• Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified.
• Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors.
• Suggest practical ways of improving the work they do and apply where appropriate.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
• Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all colleagues
• Build a respected and independent relationship with external colleagues and stakeholders
• Discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with clients/Vice President/Director as appropriate.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Take into account reputation at all times, through positive interactions and following policy and process.
• Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
Risk and Control Objective
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
• Experienced in auditing Markets, e.g. FICC and Equities businesses;
• Good understanding of application controls and Data Analytical techniques;
• Proven track record of high performance in previous roles;
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Relevant professional qualifications, e.g. CIA, ACCA, CISA, is an advantage
• Prior experience in Markets Audit