A renowned Overseas bank is hiring an Internal Audit Manager to lead and manage the provision of internal audit and related advisory services for the Bank's activities.
- Shareholder & Financial:
- Ensure effectiveness of adopted policies/ procedures adherence to regulatory and statutory requirements, and safeguarding of the Bank's assets.
- Add value to the functions/ activities performed by the Audit Tasks Section by identifying instances/ risks that entail probable financial loss or regulatory non-compliance that could result in monetary penalties/ reputation damage
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities by highlighting process inefficiencies
- Act within the limits of the powers delegated to the incumbent
- Customer (Internal & External):
- Ensure adequate coverage of the Bank's activities in the annual audit plan to provide assurance to the relevant executive management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls in place within the respective department/ function and add value to improve the functioning of the various activities performed by the referenced department/ function, as and where applicable.
- Provide timely feedback/ information to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity on queries, reports and other correspondence.
- Liaise with the relevant officials from Country Regulators as and when required and provide clarifications/ responses to queries/ reports/ other correspondence received.
- Liaise with the external auditors of the bank to ensure that they complement the efforts of the Internal Audit and avoid duplication of effort. This will involve meetings with the external auditors to discuss the planned audit work, the exchange of working papers, audit reports and management letters, and to ensure common understanding of audit techniques, methods and terminology.
- Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Prepare an annual audit for submission to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity for his review/comments and approval, based on the risk assessment conducted for the Bank and in line with its overall strategy.
- Ensure timely implementation and execution of the approved annual audit plan as well as the completion of the same within the assigned period. Ensure that periodical audit implementation status reports, supported by time management reports explaining any significant variances in performance against the approved annual audit plan and budget, are submitted to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity for his information and review.
- Ensure the introduction and continued adherence to internal auditing best practices including but not limited to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA) and other leading audit. Ensure that the audit planning, fieldwork and reporting stages are conducted in consonance with the procedures/ guidelines contained in the internal audit manual.
- Escalate promptly (on interim basis if required) any major issues/ significant concerns emerging from the areas/ functions audited, to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity for his review/ action to enable timely rectification/ resolution of the highlighted issues.
- Monitoring, on overall basis, the post-audit follow-up of audit reports and ensure compliance with recommendations.
- Legal, Regulatory and Risk Framework Responsibilities:
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to, the QNB Country Compliance manual; Group Compliance Policies and Procedures (Anti Money Laundering & Counter Terrorist Financing, Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, Fraud Control Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest and Insider Dealing Policy).
- In accordance with the Bank Governance manual, contribute to and comply with the Bank's Risk Framework, consider Risk Appetite and promote a positive Risk Culture.
- University graduate (Bachelor's degree) preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics, or Accounting (related field of study), Masters preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a major bank or leading audit firm.
- Professional Audit qualifications such as CIA / CMA / CPA / CA/ ACCA / CISA
Required Special Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequate legal and documentation background.
- Adequate knowledge of various banking products and services and the related operations.
- Knowledge of Basel Committee best practices pertaining to banking operations.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking operations/ systems and pertinent regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of applicable International Accounting and Auditing Standards and related pronouncements.