Internal Audit Director, Asia
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 25 Mar 19
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
This position reports into the Regional Director of Internal Audit for Asia Pacific and is responsible for managing a small team of experienced audit professionals with responsibility for all aspects of assigned internal audit engagements, as well as management relationships with executive management, audit committees, board of directors and other stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Provide day-to-day leadership to a team of senior audit professionals. Collaborate, contribute and drive the identification of high-quality audit findings and preparation of audit deliverables that contain insights into areas of strategic business importance, regulatory requisites and risk.
- Direct and execute audit work and special projects as requested by the internal audit leadership team. This may involve developing, executing and documenting control tests, designing and deploying advance analytics, and completing audits within set budgets and timeframes. This may also involve reviewing workpapers to ensure appropriate risk coverage and compliance with professional practice standards, conducting exit meetings with business partners, and writing audit deliverables.
- Work with the internal audit leadership team to prepare and deliver regular updates to stakeholders, including senior executives, management committees, audit committees and board of directors.
- Assist in the training and development of team members by providing on the job coaching, delivering constructive and motivating feedback and participation in the performance management process.
- Actively contribute to the department’s strategic priorities.
- Interact with external auditors and/or regulators.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all business partners.
- Contribute to developing a culture of risk awareness throughout the organization.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the internal audit leadership team.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in public accounting, internal audit, compliance and/or risk management
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within the asset management sector
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Lead, drive and coach a senior team of audit professionals
- Excellent relationship, project and team management skills
- Agile and commercial mindset, willing to challenge the status-quo
- Ability to handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Exceptional verbally and written communication skills on sensitive matters
- Ability to identify risks and thoroughly investigating matters, and determine the appropriate course of action
- Ability to design audits that identify key risks in areas where a complete set of detail is unknown
- Ability to effectively lead multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work semi-independently in a contentious manner
- Ability to work with potentially contentious issues in a non-confrontational manner
- Ability to develop operating policies and procedures based on business needs
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- Advanced degree (e.g. master's or doctoral degrees) a plus
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Professional accounting designation (e.g. CPA or CA) or equivalent (e.g. CFA)
- Potential for domestic and international travel up to 10% of the time
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.