See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services company providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit comprises of a team of auditors with a diverse skill sets in business, compliance and financial crimes, risk management, operations, finance, information security and technology, working together to identify, monitor, assess and report on the control environment of the Firm.
The Asia Internal Audit Department, as the 3rd Line of Defence (LOD), is responsible for audits across all Morgan Stanley businesses, support and control functions, including the 1st and 2nd LOD, in the region. The audits are designed to assess the adequacy of the control environment and to provide the Board Audit Committee and relevant regional committees with an independent assessment of risk across the Firm.
Morgan Stanley is currently seeking an experienced auditor to join our Asia Pacific Institutional Securities Group (ISG) audit team. This team performs audit activities covering front-to-back processes for investment banking, sales & trading activities related to Equities, Fixed Income and Commodities, business unit risk management, and support functions including Operations, Finance and Compliance, as appropriate.
Based in Hong Kong and reporting to the Asia Pacific ISG Audit Coverage Manager, this role is responsible for performing risk assessments and assisting in planning, executing and reporting on audits, including, but not limited to:
• Independently plan and perform audits across Asia.
• Communicate effectively with management and staff both locally and overseas.
• Co-ordinate with auditors around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion.
• Discuss and finalize audit findings with auditees.
• Keep informed of industry developments and use this information to inform audit scoping and risk assessments.
• Develop effective relationship with audit clients.
• Be consistent in applying strong internal audit methodology standards.
• The successful applicant will be part of the Asia Pacific ISG audit team but also a shared resources to assist other audits in Asia as appropriate. He or she will have opportunity to work on audits across the Firm. Qualifications:
• University degree.
• Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CPA/CA, CIA, CFA, FRM etc.) a plus.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience of conducting audits for Financial Services organizations. Candidates with relevant business knowledge and work experiences will also be considered.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Attention to detail, good documentation and report writing skills.
• Creative problem resolution skills with the drive to bring innovative ideas within a progressive and fast-paced environment.
• Investment Banking or Wealth Management business knowledge would be an advantage
• Solid relationship management skills when interacting with multiple stakeholders globally.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to accurately and efficiently process information.
• Bright, motivated and keen learner.
• Team player with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and within a small team setting.