- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Insurance Business Development, Director
Location: Hong KongThe Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division with Moody's Analytics offers a wide range of modelling, software & analytics to support organizations' risk & financial management. We help firms to understand, assess, and manage risk & value, supporting business functions including, valuation & reporting, regulatory calculation & reporting, capital planning & management, investment & ALM. Within ERS there is a growing line of business responsible for products and services that we deliver to the insurance industry. This line of business has been successful in developing market leading products and has a large global client footprint in the insurance market.
The ideal candidate for the role of Insurance Business Development in APAC is a technically-minded, relationship-driven generator of new business with the ability to engage at senior levels of insurers to progress opportunities to close. The successful candidate for the role will be expected to promote the entire insurance product suite to prospects and existing clients in order to develop awareness and create opportunities. The existing team of subject matter experts located in Asia (and to a lesser extent in Europe and North America), will be an essential pool of resources, although a degree of self-sufficiency is required in order to identify new opportunities, before engaging these experts.
The Role / Responsibilities
- Systematically engage key stakeholders in target markets (with a focus on China) to identify needs and to deliver our proposition when appropriate.
- Create and maintain a network of contacts as well as developing a pipeline of opportunities for the MA insurance product suite (AXIS, IFRS 17, Economic Scenario Generation, Capital Modelling, etc.)
- Identify market trends through maintaining a strong awareness of market and regulatory developments, and develop strategies to position the Moody's Analytics insurance solutions.
- Gather feedback from the industry to share with product development teams to ensure ongoing evolution of the solutions to meet the requirements of insurers.
- Collaborate with sales team to ensure an efficient and effective sales process
- Represent MA and the Insurance line of business at conferences and industry events
ERS Insurance Solutions
- Insurance or reinsurance industry experience an advantage
- Experience of servicing the insurance industry is desirable, either as a consultant or at a software vendor would be desirable
- Track record in the financial services industry or leading consulting company
- Experienced in leading meetings with senior and C-level management
- Existing relationships with Chief Actuaries, CFO, etc. in APAC (especially China) desirable
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Experience working directly with actuarial systems, and the practical challenges experienced by actuarial departments desirable
- Strong understanding of existing/imminent insurance regulations/accounting standards (e.g. C-ROSS, ALM, IFRS 17)
- Some experience working in a sales environment is beneficial
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is a must
- Working knowledge of the existing Moody's Analytics insurance solutions is an advantage
- Essential to be fluent in English and Mandarin (both verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, professional and personable
- Willing to travel
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.