Join the largest Cryptocurrency Exchange in the world to drive their business growth in new geographies. This role is based in Hong Kong with full autonomy welcoming your strategy, direction and expertise.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial and experienced growth professional with business development and strategic partnerships experience, having the ability to think through how markets need to adapt to support potentially paradigm-shifting technology. Candidate’s core skill sets should be in business development, deal execution, stakeholder management, solution sales and problem solving.
You will have full responsibility for overseeing the client’s financial services partnerships, figuring out a new market entry strategy and executing on it, and managing critical relationships with clients. Through your work, you will have the ability to directly influence solution design and architect the international expansion strategy and execution plan for the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and build relationships with strategic partners in the region ranging from volume partners, digital exchanges and infrastructure opportunities
- Structure, negotiate and execute commercial deals with strategic partners to drive volume and value
- Be the primary liaison for our partners and prospects in the region
- Define the regional expansion roadmap for Shenzen, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Taiwan
- Working jointly with the regional teams, identify and articulate priority areas of expansion
- Maintain and improve relationships with financial institutions (banks, payment companies, FS Institutions) and lead commercial negotiations to drive down costs. You will monitor our economics to ensure that our service is competitive; if needed, onboard new FI partners
- Account & Relationship Management, Serve as the leader for Bank Partnerships and by owning key partner relationships
- Cultivate and convert a pipeline of opportunities for the growth and scaling of bank and FS partnerships
- Strategic Planning and Analysis, working with external and internal teams, own business planning activities and use customer/market insights to inform decision making
Required Skills and Accreditation:
- Experience of building business relationships with financial institutions in East Asia, and dealing with clientele
- An analytical thinker. You have the ability to figure out the ideal operational and commercial process with every new country / partner
- Excellent at managing external relationships (regulators and financial institutions)
- Able to understand regulations across various jurisdictions, and make pragmatic, risk-based decisions on how these need to be implemented
- Passionate about transforming the financial industry for good
- Experience with Distributed Ledger Technologies, Cryptography
- Understanding of smart contracts for blockchain frameworks such as Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Sawtooth, Ethereum, and Corda
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to the requirements listed above, please feel free to call Nathan direct on +65 6671 3359 to fast track your application, alternatively you can submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, please be sure to reference the Job Title in the subject of your email.
Nathan Hennie Smit
Registration Number: R1871799
EA Licence Number: 16S8373