Institutional Equity Division, Quantitative Strategist, Analyst / Associate, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Morgan Stanley Electronic Trading (‘MSET’), within IED, creates and manages the algorithms that increasingly drive equity trading, globally.
We are currently looking for a Quantitative Strategist for the MSET Strategist team. Strategists are key participants, together with traders and sales people, in the revenue-generating activities of MSET. The role typically straddles both quantitative and technological areas. Strategists sit on the trading desk, are responsible for development of the models, and to an extent the technology framework, that builds trading algorithms for Morgan Stanley.
- Build quantitative components for use within our algorithms
- Participate in the design of the our algorithms
- Implement new higher-frequency valuation models for equities and futures
- Communicate the pros and cons of these models internally
- Consult on best execution practice
- Create tools to improve the productivity of the global strategist team
We are looking for a candidate with 2-5 years of relevant experience who is keen to drive for success and build a career within our team. Further skills required:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and hungry to learn the best and latest machine learning techniques
- Strong interests in modern applied statistics and comfortable in processing high volumes of data
- Excellent communication skills to communicate and present ideas to different stakeholders; Asian language will be a plus but not essential
- Ability to work with occasional deadlines
- Programming and coding experience in Python is a strong plus
- Post-graduate degree with strong concentration in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, science or operational research
- Relevant experience working with large data sets and empirical research
- Resilience is a strong competency as successful algorithms often go through hard work and multiple trials