Institutional Equity Division (IED), Electronic Trading Risk Manager, Vice President (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
OVERVIEW OF ETRM
Electronic Trading Risk Management (ETRM) sits within the Asia Institutional Securities Group Risk Management team. The team works with multiple teams to:
• Monitor and improve existing control frameworks for electronic trading platforms/applications and create new control frameworks
• Provide subject matter expertise as it relates to interpretation and implementation of trading, regulatory and exchange requirements
• Provide business ownership of trade/regulatory reporting associated with traditional and electronic trading activities
• Centralize discussions between ISG, Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, and Technology around broad-reaching topics
• Coordinate and approve IT development and systems enhancements required to address trading, regulatory and exchange requirements
• Project coordination for ISG-wide projects with significant franchise risk impact
The right candidate is required to have the following competencies:
• FIRM GUARDIANSHIP - An understanding of and interest in the broader business and regulatory environment is necessary to ensure that appropriate solutions are generated which consider protection of the Firm’s franchise and effectively manage risk across the electronic trading plant & products.
• CLIENT SKILLS - The candidate will be expected to build strong relationships and interact with stakeholders across teams, functional boundaries, and clients. The role requires an ability to recognize and manage conflicting priorities/expectations across multiple stakeholders.
• PROBLEM SOLVING - This role requires the ability and willingness to solve time-sensitive business and technical problems in a hands-on manner. A foundation of technical and analytical skills will enable the ideal candidate to learn complex trade flows and data models/structures. These skills should be coupled with a creative, flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE - Knowledge & experience of the cash equity and/or equity derivative products is preferred. A general understanding of Fixed Income a plus. A good understanding of the front-office processes is also preferred, particularly:
- Trading infrastructure and order routing
- Execution platforms
- Regulatory requirements
- Trade Reporting
• TECHNOLOGY - A successful candidate will have 1 to 4 years of technical experience in financial services in building, supporting or auditing front office sales and trading systems; or have relevant experience in management of technology-led projects and understand the complexities and issues that result from such projects. Experience may include responsibility for authoring technical specifications, securities processing, data analysis, and/or performing compliance related technical activities. The candidate should be comfortable performing data analysis in Unix/FIX/Excel/Business Objects and have a strong willingness to learn new technologies across the entire trade plant.
• MULTI-TASKING - This role requires strong multi-tasking skills in order to competently manage competing projects and priorities. A strong candidate will have a proven ability to manage multiple work-threads and make good decisions on where to focus efforts.
• COMMUNICATION - This role requires an individual able to communicate with multiple stakeholders across Legal, Compliance, Risk Management and ISG. A successful candidate will need to clearly articulate objectives, requirements, risks & issues.
• TEAMWORK - The role involves a great deal of interaction with members of multiple teams and disciplines across ISG front office, as well as infrastructure and support groups.*LI-SC2