Institutional Equity Division, Delta One Trader (Associate level, Index Swap desk exp preferred)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Institutional Equity Division (IED)
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity securities. Our Equity Sales and Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content and create innovative product solutions.
Description of Role
Reporting to Asia Head of Delta One Structures Trading, IED is currently seeking a Hong Kong-based Delta One Trader (Associate level) to support clients globally and to undertake these key responsibilities:
• Primary function: is to trade Index and Basket products and risk manage this flow. Day to day management of the workflow from client order capture, execution of hedges as required to provide delta one synthetic exposure to our clients. Work closely with the other distribution and trading teams in IED to manage the business.
• Our clients: primarily Prime Brokerage clients and institutional clients of IED. Clients originate from the US, Europe and Asia Pacific region. Day to day interaction with our clients will include: client query resolution, product education and information in coordination with other trading and distribution teams in the International Equities Division.
• Risk management of the positions hedging the client delta one exposure: requires intra-day and end of day risk sign off, reconciliation and PL sign off ensuring compliance with Firm limits and requirements in conjunction with relevant infrastructure groups of the Firm.
• Continuous improvement: Coordinate platform and product improvement with technology teams, business strategists and relevant infrastructure groups.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to quickly spot trends and characteristics in high volume data.
• Strong verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to effectively use systems and technology; working knowledge of Windows based applications a plus.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and manage multiple activities.
• Highly detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy.
• Confidence to have constant dialogue with internal and external clients, as well as to communicate with senior management.
• General knowledge of markets. Previous experience on an Index Swap desk preferred.