We’re looking for a business director to join the team for marketing the firm’s strategic capabilities including private assets & alternative strategies to existing and prospective institutional clients and family offices based in Hong Kong, Macau and Philippines. Private asset & alternatives include Private Equity, Private Debt, Real Estate, Infrastructure, and Securitized Credit which are important and strategic private markets business initiative to further expand the firm’s existing well-established position in the region.
What you’ll do
- Build a strategic business plan for the Hong Kong, Macau and Philippines markets, that feature the product, collateral and market review
- Drive business development and advisory capabilities of Schroders private assets products to our existing and prospective clients
- Expand the network with any prospecting institutional clients that includes but not limited to family offices, sovereign wealth funds, university endowments, fund of funds, CIO office within insurance companies
- Research private assets trends and being a trusted advisor representing Schroders when marketing our products to investors
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You’ll be based in our Hong Kong office and report into the Head of Institutional Business for Hong Kong.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent subjects
- Professional accreditation i.e. CFA qualification will be an advantage
- At least 10 years of prior experience as business development or sales in private asset firms or global asset management companies or related industry
- Good marketing knowledge of private assets and alternative investment products
- Experience as a senior individual contributor in building new relationships and maintaining existing institutional clients’ relationship
- Enjoys bringing in fresh ideas to develop new channels into the institutional business
- Good in both communication and presentation skills
- Enjoys analytical work and finer details
- Proficient in MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn new applications
- Proficient in speaking both English and Cantonese language